Artist’s concept, Palace Redevelopment Project NOTE THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DESIGN
A note about COVID-19: We are proceeding with fundraising and planning for when the pandemic eases and testing/vaccines/treatments enable travel and easing of social distancing necessary to conduct meetings and build buildings
- Undertake archaeological assessment of ruins and preserve important sites; complete any needed excavations.
- Construct a new Palace to include:
- the primary residence for the Gonja Paramount Chief,
- office spaces
- a large meeting hall for a traditional parliament where every group in Savannah region will have a representative.
Nearby we will build apartments for visiting Chiefs and dignitaries touse, and a museum to house the historical, linguistic and cultural archives of our ancestral heritage.
Birds’ eye view of Palace grounds and ruins at Nyaηε
Illustration by: aZCON Architectures, Barcelona
Site Plan Ideas, New Palace and Ruins at Nyaηε
SIte Plan Illustration and Design Ideas by aZCON Architectures, Barcelona
A Barcelona architectural firm has offered to partner with us from start to finish
- Suggesting designs of the Palace and grounds for the purposes needed
- Estimating costs
- Completing a blueprint for a design to be selected by WIACT and the Traditional Council
- Estimating costs
- Identifying a general contractor
- Finding master builders to oversee construction and training locals to build their palace
Palace Re-Development Project Design and Construction in Phases
The project will proceed in phases, with funds raised in advance. We will not proceed with a phase until the funds are secured in advance, which means that as a design or building phase proceeds, the fundraising for the next phase is already underway. Why? We do not want to incur debt.
Project Startup: Authorization from Savannah Region Traditional Council to undertake the project; explore potential designs/ architectural approaches and plan fundraising.
- The Traditional Council met with WIACT officials on February 29, 2020 and confirmed their authorization of WIACT to undertake the project
- Engage Architect
- Complete building designs and blueprints
- Complete archaeological assessment and decide on any excavations
- Identify contractor and builders who will erect buildings
- Engage contractor to oversee building of Palace and temporary residences
- Secure and work with master builder tradesmen to hire and train local people to do the building
- Source building materials
- Develop process for hiring local labor; hire labor
- Execute any needed archaeological excavations within the site as authorized by the Traditional Council
- Work with interior designers to complete and furnish Palace and temporary residence interiors
- Continue building additional buildings and parking lots on Palace grounds, using local labor.
- Plan/Initiate move of Gonja Paramount Chief to new Palace
- Furnish museum;
- Finish all building projects;
- Complete landscape design and gardens;
- Hire staff for Palace;
- Complete move of Paramount Chief to new residence in palace
- Begin regular meetings at Palace